At Carrs Billington Safety we have an opportunity to enhance, expand, and optimise sales within the Arborist and Forestry Markets across the country.
OUR GROUP VALUES
Every day we provide rural and agricultural communities with the support they need to succeed. Whether they are after a healthier herd or flock, increased yields, faster growth rates, a decent return on their land or even just a helping hand. We have the people, products, and services to help our customers get from where they are now to where they want to be. This is why every role at Carr’s Billington is hugely important to our shared success and why we welcome talent from across all different backgrounds to work across our retail, feed, machinery, fuel and central support divisions. Carr’s Billington Agriculture is a subsidiary company of The Billington Group, who are also the proud owner of Criddle & Co., English Provender Company and Billington Foods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible to: Commercial Manager
Location: Kingstown & Countrywide Travel
Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
A field-based role, it is anticipated the post holder will spend 3-4 days per week actively visiting customers.
- Meet and achieve the established sales targets, actively seeking new customers, nurturing relationships with our existing clientele and effectively promoting our products and services to maximize upselling opportunities.
- To actively seek out and pursue prospective accounts within the Forestry, Arboriculture, and Rail sectors in alignment with our sales and company strategy.
- Implement a process-driven approach and harness available sales data and market knowledge.
- Develop targeted and attainable sales plans well in advance of sales calls to ensure the successful realisation of clearly defined objectives.
- Submit reports as and when required, but at least weekly, sales reports encompassing a summary of weekly sales accomplishments, identification of market opportunities, insights into areas where sales potential was not fully realised during the sales process.
- Provide forward planning reports on the upcoming two-week sales call cycle, including details on scheduled appointments and specific sales targets.
- To effectively assist with customer debt matters while conducting sales calls, ensuring adherence to company credit policies. Collaborate with office colleagues within the business to manage this process seamlessly.
- Present to customers, conferences and other audiences as requested to showcase our products and services, as well as addressing any inquiries potential customers may have, with the goal of optimising sales.
- Maximise the income generation and margin contribution for the business, whilst adapting as necessary to the customer's budget constraints and provide competitive pricing solutions that align with their needs.
- Ensure the Commercial Sales Manager is informed and collaborate with them in relation to any further price negotiations that may be necessary during the negotiation phase of the sales process.
- Ensure that all customer meetings receive comprehensive follow-ups, including the formal documentation of minutes. Particularly, discussions regarding pricing, marking Maximise activity with the current established retailer-dealer network but identify new commercial opportunities to increase brand awareness and sales. and any further required actions will be documented, addressed, and diligently pursued.
- To actively seek out and pursue prospective accounts within the forestry and arboriculture sectors in alignment with our sales and company strategy.
- Undertake due diligence prior to visiting prospective customers.
- Proactively leverage both the ERP and CRM systems to analyse customer sales data and trends.
- Continuously update sales information through the CRM system to ensure that all customer records are maintained in a timely manner, thereby facilitating the overall sales process.
- Adhere to Company and Group policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to Safety, Health and Environmental.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Required
- Minimum of 3 years commercial sales experience (B2B) preferably within the PPE or Forestry sector.
- Ability to analyse data, identify trends and make informed decisions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Experience of managing a sales ledger using CRM/ERP systems
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Proactive sales approach and strong negotiation skills
- IT skills in Microsoft Office Desirable
- Arboriculture / Forestry sales experience.
- Budget experience
As part of The Billington Group we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- An attractive salary package.
- Annual salary reviews in September each year.
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave.
- Opportunity to work for a well-established family-owned business with ambitions for growth and innovation.
Health Assured: Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which offers counselling and health and wellbeing advice.
Sick pay: Generous company sick pay entitlement.
Health Cash Plan: A health cash plan allowing colleagues to claim back money spent on everyday health care such as optical, dental, physiotherapy and much more.
Staff Discount: Colleagues are eligible for a generous staff discount on selected products at our Country Stores.
Cycle to work scheme: A salary sacrifice scheme saving you tax on the purchase of a new bicycle and associated equipment.
Flexible life assurance and critical illness cover: Choose to increase the level of life assurance cover already provided to you by the company or add critical illness cover, all at preferential rates.
Perks At Work: Access to an exclusive member’s discount website with over 3,500 brands where you can save money and earn cashback on spends from grocery shopping to holidays.
Salary finance benefits: Savings schemes, preferential rate loans and wage advances all through payroll as well as tools for financial education.
Your Future Pension: Enrolment into the Company pension scheme after 3 months of employment.
Training & Development: Role specific training and ongoing training and development opportunities identified through our annual appraisal process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through our website or alternatively, send your CV and an indication of your current salary expectations via the apply button.