Business Development Manager – Event Sales
Role: Business Development Manager – Event Sales
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Location: Preston – Hybrid working in place or fully remote dependant on location
Hours: 35 per week
We are now looking for a motivated and driven salesperson to join the LAMMA event team. Reporting into the Head of Sales, the successful candidate will assist in growing/evolving the event through extensive phone-based exhibition sales and face to face meetings.
The main function of the role is to develop the business through growth in revenue, yield, and increase customer/exhibitor/sponsor numbers.
This role’s objective is to identify new opportunities and influence companies’ events habits whilst understanding their objectives and need for ROI from attending the LAMMA event. Due to the ever-changing nature of the industry, this person must spot new avenues and exploit market trends to exceed revenue targets.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous events or media sales experience
- An interest in agriculture
- Experience of developing and implementing successful sales leads
- Highly motivated & driven, with an ability to meet ambitious performance goals
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to continually explore new opportunities, whilst possessing a natural inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication written and interpersonal skills
- Representing the business at relevant industry events and trade shows
- Strong sales ability to establish a deep understanding of the company need to provide the relevant solution
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales
- Keep abreast of all current trends, activities and relevant news within agriculture and specific sector
- Effective time manager who possesses highly effective organisational skills
We offer an excellent package including:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years (pro rata’d)
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at Agriconnect you will receive continued career development support from our management team
- Exceptional career progression. We are ever-evolving, if you work hard and do well - with our help and support there are no limits to your speed of progress
Agriconnect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance, and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media.
Agriconnect is a business unit within the Arc network, a global events, data, and media platform. Arc is a fast-growing global events, data, and media platform with a varied portfolio content led portals, magazines, and events.
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.