Area Coordinator (Gloucestershire)
The Area Coordinator will be responsible for delivery of a full milk recording service to approximately 40 farms in the Gloucestershire area. This involves visiting the farms on an approximately monthly basis and collecting event data about the individual cows and updating the NMR database. On some farms it will also involve taking milk samples from each cow as they are milked.
The role may also involve supporting and providing the robot shuttle hire service in terms of organising, transporting, setting up, taking down, cleaning and storage of robot shuttles.
Essential Key Skills
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible manner, adapting to new situations
- Organise workload and coordinate with customers and self-employed samplers
- Self-motivated with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Valid current driving license
- Milk recording and/or practical dairy farming experience
- Understanding of cow biology
- Competent user of Microsoft office products and web-based services
- To be responsible for data collection and entry into a custom-built software package
- To coordinate the collection of milk samples from individual cows on farms
- To organise self-employed samplers to take milk samples
- To recruit and train self-employed samplers
- To ensure an excellent standard of data quality
- To support and coordinate work with other members of the NMR field team in the defined area
- To cover a wide area of farms which could involve extensive driving
Averaging a 37 hour week, the daily and weekly hours will be flexible to suit the business needs with daytime farm visits and working from home, some early mornings and late evenings. You will be provided with the relevant equipment to undertake the role.