Precision Service Manager
Precision Service Manager
Primary Location: As needed by the business
Working Hours: Full time
Main Purpose of Role:
- To operate and deliver a high-quality reproduction and breeding service on behalf of Cogent Breeding across the North of the UK working closely with the Regional Sales Manager to give expert advice to assist customers in meeting reproductive objectives. This will be achieved through leading and continuously developing the team of Technicians.
- Full line management responsibility for all Precision Technicians across the region to lead, motivate and develop a team of Technicians to provide a consistent quality service and encourage individual accountability for customer satisfaction.
- To carry out quarterly performance reviews with the technicians to identify training needs and set objectives.
- To support the Regional Sales Manager in delivering a professional service to new and existing customers
- To set up new farms that come on to our Precision service, ensuring that all herd data is transferred to PD+ and is accurate before the start date, liaise with the technician in that area to communicate start date, timings etc and to liaise with the Genetics Consultant to ensure all agreements are signed and cow and heifer numbers are accurate.
- To build effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
- To run an efficient service utilising Cogent MooMonitor + and the supporting IT database, Precision Data Plus (PD+), to ensure accurate and timely artificial insemination of cattle (AI).
- Assist customers with installing and moving MooMonitor collars as and when required.
- Take responsibility for all fertility data reporting and herd reports by updating and utilising PD+ to ensure accurate record keeping.
- To prepare PD+ reports and give detailed action reports to customers
- Liaise with industry professionals such as Veterinarians and nutritionists and create effective working relationships to support the customer
- Continuously develop and improve the working practices of both you and your technician team
- At all times comply with Company policy and ensure best practice in bio security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Within the role you will be expected to ensure that all health and safety and welfare responsibilities are fulfilled of both the role holder and the team (to include visitors and contractors)
- You may be required to complete other duties on behalf of Cogent breeding from time to time.
- Offers excellent customer service by being honest, building trust and going above and beyond the normal routine when required, in order to give the customer what they need.
- Leading Others by providing direction, communicating, motivating, empowering, giving feedback and recognising the contribution of their team members
- Leads themselves by taking responsibility, positive and tackling challenges with enthusiasm
- Works well with others by having excellent personal and communicative skills and being able to understand onfarm challenges surrounding reproduction.
- Works well in teams by building team spirit, delivering team goals and being flexible
- Manages Knowledge by researching new idea ideas and capturing new learning
- Shares Knowledge by communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity and is able to differentiate fact from opinion
- Adapts to Change by being able to deal with uncertainty and accepting new ideas
- Plans and Organises well, by prioritising their activities and managing their time
- Applies their Expertise and Skills by keeping up to date with their specialist knowledge and demonstrating business and financial awareness
- Have a full UK driving license
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain a high standard on farm fertility performance
- Customer retention
- Accuracy of data/herd reporting
- Maintain company vehicle to required company standard
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days plus bank holiday, increasing with length of service up to 28 days plus bank holidays
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
- FREE BUPA healthcare and Dental Plan
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
- Employee Discounts
- Your normal contractual hours of work are 40 hours a week. Due to the nature of your duties, from time to time you will be required to work such additional hours which may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. This will already be taken into consideration when determining your salary and benefits, you will not be entitled to additional remuneration for worked hours in excess of your normal working hours.
- Must be willing to cover precision requirements where there is no technician or relief available or where workload demands
- Will be the first point of call for technicians outside of normal working hours
- Hygiene All personnel must wear protective clothing (supplied) and disinfect between farms.
- As part of your role you may be required to stay away from home from time to time to attend meetings and events. You may be asked to travel overseas on study tours from time to time.