Agriculture Mechanical Test and Development Engineer
A rare and exciting opportunity to be part of a worldwide test and development team working to make a significant difference in the agricultural engineering sector. With influence over leading agricultural machinery manufacturers and direct lines with designers and developers, this opportunity is an excellent chance to work in the development space.
This opening is perfect for someone looking to be actively involved with machinery development and become an integral part of a dynamic team. Ag Technology is the only independent company to have an exclusive contract of test, development and validation of agricultural machinery with Claas Germany covering research projects all around the world.
An ideal candidate should have a strong engineering / mechanic / machinery operator background with enthusiasm for agricultural machinery. This role requires a pragmatic person who is a quick thinker and problem solver with a drive to excel in the test and development industry.
This is a unique opportunity to be able to drive and develop prototype agricultural machinery across the globe with active projects in Europe, America and New Zealand.
Technical Skills required include:
- Sound mechanical knowledge or exposure to agricultural equipment; including but not limited to:
- Mowers, Rakes, Foragers, Drills, Cultivation equipment, Combines and Balers
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Ability to operate agricultural machinery.
- Experience in diagnostic and measuring equipment.
Personal Attributes required:
- Ability to work independently, manage own projects autonomously.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office suite, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent communication skills; be able to work in a team environment and maintain professional relationships with manufacturers and contractors.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Practical thinker and problem solver.
An excellent remuneration package is offered, with a company vehicle and workshop space. The successful applicant must be able to travel and predominant training will be given at the New Zealand base, with work opportunities in Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
This is an active and fast paced role and would suit an ambitious candidate who is driven to make a leading difference in the industry, passion for agriculture is a must. Any candidates with good mechanical background and a positive attitude are invited to apply with training and support provided.
Link to our website for more information: https://www.agtechnz.com/