Role: Head of Commercial Content Solutions
Reporting to: Executive Director, Incisive Works and Insightful Communications
Location: Preston, Hybrid working in place
Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon – Fri
This role is a unique opportunity to join our Insightful Communications team specialising in delivering bespoke agricultural content packages for commercial clients. The Head of Commercial Content Solutions has responsibility for client-led content within the Agriconnect portfolio including brands such Farmers Guardian, LAMMA, Dairy Farmer, Arable Farming, and the British Farming Awards. You will lead a team which delivers innovative and engaging content solutions across print, digital and face-to-face platforms, which meet the needs of both clients and audience.
The role is key to driving growth and revenue from commercial content initiatives across Agriconnect through the development of new audiences, partnerships and content initiatives. You will be required to collaboratively work across a range of teams within the business including our sales team, knitting together the different demands around content engagement and commercial delivery. You will be involved in content marketing, product and service design, project management and execution.
You will work closely with the Executive Director to shape the wider culture and ethos of the commercial content team, setting high standards for creativity, customer service, excellence in communications along with disciplined delivery.
You will have excellent communication skills, be personable and professional with a passion for producing excellent content and an audience-first mindset. You will also possess a great ability to motivate and lead a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will lead the creation and delivery of commercial content programmes across the Agriconnect portfolio.
- You will lead a team of specialist content creators and work with multiple Agriconnect teams to ensure that projects are delivered to the required standard within deadlines.
- Identify synergies to make better use of existing content and campaigns and identify where they can be amplified from a commercial standpoint
- Take ownership of production processes, seeking efficient working approaches which maximise margin
- Use data, research and insight to lead a team that produces content which is engaging, fresh and relevant to our current and future audiences
- You will work collaboratively across the organisation, drive the development of content that attracts commercial customers and grows audience and engagement.
- You will play a key role in building partnerships with industry bodies which could help broaden the scope and validity of our commercial content proposals
- Develop our capability to co-create compelling content with our commercial partners that delivers ROI for them and meets the needs of our target audiences
- Identify, nurtures, and create commercially attractive communities within agriculture and the broader supply chain
- Helps to instil project management process across the wider content team to improve efficiency and maximise content opportunities, as well as helping building wider company strategy
- Acts as an ambassador for our products and services within our marketplace
- You will have proven people management capability and experience.
- You will have knowledge and understanding of the agricultural sector
- You will possess a deep understanding of developing and delivering engaging commercial content across all formats and channels
- You will have strong team leadership skills and a collaborative ethos
- You will possess the ability to use and interpret data to generate insight and understand the impact on our customers and products, and also identify key content themes ripe for commercial upsell
- Customer oriented with an understanding of how to deliver value and an excellent experience for our different customer groups
- Strategic thinker with the ability to articulate this into clear plans and other forms of communication
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- You will be a team player, able to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We offer an excellent package including:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after two years
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Employee assistance programme
- Ongoing training. Throughout your career at Agriconnect you will receive continued career development support from our management team
- Exceptional career progression. We are ever-evolving, if you work hard and do well - with our help and support there are no limits to your speed of progress
Agriconnect is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance, and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media.
Agriconnect is a business unit within the Arc network, a global events, data, and media platform. Arc is a fast-growing global events, data, and media platform with a varied portfolio content led portals, magazines, and events.
We strive to create a culture that is open and respectful, where differences are valued and celebrated. We want everyone to be able to reach their full potential, so we are committed to cultivating a company that promotes inclusion and belonging.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a brief cover note to our HR Advisor via the apply button now.